1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called? I haven’t had a nickname in years but lastly my mum called me Tinkerbell… but I prefer to go by Emma.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read? Pretty much all of them, but most likely A Dance with Dragons and The Girl in The Spider’s Web.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like? I rarely doodle as I end up just drawing squares mostly but lastly I drew a penguin at a university talk or as a friend called him – a condom ghost 😦
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive? I sit on my iPad either on Pinterest, listening to music or watching a video.
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? Depends if we are talking with absolutely nothing or just like my bedroom but without anyone else. If the first then literally 3 seconds and if the latter then forever!
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away? I save a few and keep them in a draw and then others I keep for a while but end up throwing them out after about a year and they have lost their significance.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know? I did have to look this one up and I’d say probably myself – I’m a big hoarder at heart but after a while I learn that those things aren’t important and get rid of them.
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost? I rarely go to parties but I’d image I’d just slip in and look for someone that I knew.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be? My strongest sense is probably touch since my eyes are fucked and so are my ears. I’d give up my sense of smell since I don’t care much for that.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? My wardrobe has a mirror in the centre and it’s right next to my door so I probably look every time I leave or enter my bedroom.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child? Sex would last a long time. That vision quickly ended when I remarked in front of my parents that the Sims ‘woohooing’ for only 5 minutes didn’t seem very long and they almost fell over laughing.
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up? Listening to my music loud. I should give it up as my ears are done for but it’s too good!
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know? My best friend Sophie who literally buys me food all the time and is such a lovely human.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections? When I get bored in lesson I look up Daily Mail and sit there for 20 minutes reading articles so I’d say at least once a day.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why? Sharks and spiders. I’ve always hated spiders since I was a kid and I started being scared of sharks when I was watching Jaws in a caravan with my parents and my dad told the joke that Jaws would come up through the floor and get me and I refused to step on the floor for the remainder of that trip.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on? Avoid. I’m a big coward at heart.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured? Someone told me I looked good in the jacket I was wearing and I was really happy cause I loved the jacket.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will? Jealousy. I’m a really jealous person and I hate the fact that I am but every relationship I’ve ever been in I get very jealous.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain. Absolutely! I’ve walked the same way to and from school for almost 7 years now for gods sake.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain. I wouldn’t say so but I probably am. I like my creature comforts in life and so while I wouldn’t mind camping I just want a working toilet and shower too!
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits? A few months ago when I started trying to run 20 minutes at a time and my body just couldn’t take it so I reverted back to 15 or 12.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why? A bit of both really. I have a small group of about 3 friends, a singular best friend and then a lot of people I know as acquaintances that I pass the time talking to if I have to.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others? I’m more of a build your own empire type but I try to help my friends realise their worth… sometimes it’s because I believe what I tell them and other times it’s because it’s the social norm too boost other people.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone? A medical issue I have which is one I don’t speak of to anyone bar family.
25. What do you think about more than anything else? Love, romance and whoever I’m crushing on at the moment – currently Greg Davies.
26. What’s something that amazes you? The fact that people are actually adults and that in a year’s time I will be in Uni and be legally an adult.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why? A bit of both, I like people who tell the truth but tell it in a gently way or a way that shows how they feel. I’m a sensitive person and I pick up on a lot of small changes in people or the way they say things.
28. Where’s your favourite place to take an out-of-town guest? Out-of-my-town as my town is shit!
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why? Cut my hair. I don’t trust myself with that but I do wish I had someone who would just choose what would look good and go with it.
30. Do you have a catchphrase? I used to shout the word ‘Nipples’ or ‘Nips’ out whenever anything bad happened… also when playing video games if in an intense situation I seem to just shout ‘Let’s go!’ over and over again until I calm down.
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them? It depends what there beliefs are about, if this is religious then I normally don’t care all too much unless they are trying to force them on me or use them as an excuse for doing something. Just because Allah or Jesus says so does not mean you can sacrifice goats and kill people, it’s still illegal! If this is just opinions then it depends on their opinions to be honest.
32. How and where do you prefer to study? I prefer to study in a place away from my house as I get too easily distracted at home so studying at school is perfect.
33. What position do you sleep in? Fetal position or with one arm tucked under my pillows and one legged tucked up with the other straight.
34. What’s your all-time favourite town or city? Why? I haven’t been to many places but so far probably Sheffield or Bournemouth just because I remember grinning really hard the first time I went to those two places.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new? Humour, if they can make me laugh or have a good sense of humour I am instantly attracted. Hair, good hair or a care about ones appearance is an instant attractive quality. And lastly probably the sense that they are a normal human being. I mean this in the sense that they aren’t someone who thinks they are some godly creature – I can’t deal with that!
36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you? I’m an only child so I’m very possessive of my parents and I’ve said many times that now I couldn’t share them. I’m very independent and I’ve realised my hatred for children through spending so much time alone I think.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be? I would age myself by 5 years. My weakness is age.
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be? I wouldn’t. All of mine have ended for a reason and I wouldn’t want them back so I’d hold onto this offer and save it for when I inevitably screw up a future relationship.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to? I don’t think I would, unless I was becoming a dude or something in which case I’d change it to Emmett.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not? Yeah for some occasions it is but personally I’d prefer to not be ignorant on anything.
41. What do you consider unforgivable? Cheating or adultery… and rape.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not? Most of them I have but one I always kind of beat myself up over is I got a grade below what I was supposed to achieve at GCSE on almost everything which upsets me a bit.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? I won’t. For me to forgive you have to be sorry you did it unless you can make me see that what you did was for a good reason.
44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for? One or two.
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain. I’m a stupidly trusting people, I rarely think people are nasty just for the sake of it – no one has the time to constantly be going out after people in a malicious way and if they do they aren’t worth it.
46. In what area of your life are you immature? My sense of humour and sometimes my view on love.
47. What was the best news you ever received? I passed all of my first year at 6th form with full Distinctions.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular? It’s pretty easy, if it’s something I feel strongly about or just have an opinion on I rarely care what people think about it or don’t mind if they dislike me for it. But on other accounts I lie quite easily, it just slips out and I have to go on with it – like when I’m telling a story.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first? My best friend Sophie. We met at the start of 6th form and we immediately clicked and I’ve never had such a great friend. There is one embarrassing moment that bonds us together that I think I would die if she ever told anyone – it’s very funny to us and we cried laughing when it happened.
50. When do you find yourself singing? If I’m home alone, I love the song or at night if I’m in bed listening to music I sing them softly so I learn the lyrics.